Wednesday, June 30, 2010

KINA GRANNIS






hmm...what do I have to say about Kina Grannis? Lets just get the obligatory links to her official website and youtube out of the way first.

www.kinagrannis.com

and

www.youtube.com/user/kinagrannis

She's quickly become one of my favorite musicians right now regardless of online or major label status. She's also excessive amounts of beautiful...did I say that out loud. Moving on. I don't even remember how I ended up finding her music videos on youtube featuring a mix of originals and covers. Her originals are incredibly strong. Off the top of my head, my favorite is probably 'Cambridge' for its heartbreaking narrative. Other favorites include the following. 'Together' makes me think of Ferdinand, Perdita, and Prospero in William Shakespeare's The Tempest for some reason. 'Stars Falling Down' is undeniably uplifting too. Make sure to listen to both versions she's put up videos for on YouTube. There's the first single off her 4th CD (1st full length disc) Stairwells named 'Valentine' as well. It's such a simple little love song. I'm one of those people that says that Valentine's Day is arbitrary but there's nothing arbitrary about her sincerity on this song.

That's the one word I'd use to explain the appeal that she has across age, gender, ethnic & cultural divisions. Her music is undeniable because of her inherent sincerity. She's irresistible because of her inherent sincerity...did I say that out loud. moving on, lol. Not to mention that when she plays concerts, she pretty much always has a meet and greet after the show because she recognizes that all her success is because of people discovering her through various internet sources. She won a contest a few years back named the Dorritos Crash The Super Bowl that gave her a major label recording contract. She left a major label because of her conviction that she had an entire album of her own self-penned songs that was ready to be recorded. What a gutsy move. She's amazingly brave as well. I'm in complete awe of her personality and musical talent.

I strongly urge anyone that might be reading my blog to check out her music. That's all for now. I feel like picture splurging her above. Ya Ready Kids!!!!!!!!!!

To any male readers that might be reading this: if you don't find anything about Kina absolutely irresistible, you just might be a homosexual, just saying

that last bit was hurtful. I DON'T CARE :-P

If I were to meet her I'd probably think in my head "Oh Fuck! I'm SCREWED!!! My brain can't process that much beautiful at one time :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment