Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VAC-on VAC-off

It's nearly September and I still have this VAC machine on. Yes, I've still had massively bad days because of the VAC and the indwelling catheter to supposedly manage my urine to keep the area around the wound on my behind clean. It's still massively frustrating at times. It was supposed to be wrapped up by now. It will be a year in October since this issue with wounds on my behind started. It's discouraging to think that I'm still dealing with it nearly a year later. I'm thankful that the doctors and nurses think it should be wrapped up sooner rather than later. I'm currently taking a medication called Cloxacillin to help fight possible infection around the wound area. It tastes like crap and I have to take it four times a day. I was in a massively bad mood when I started taking it. Since then I've worked on my hastening of getting it down with liquids. What must be done, must be done. I've never been totally convinced of the healing abilities provided by the healthcare system. They offer services that help but ultimately healing is solely a matter of time and the right assistance from health providers. I've been through enough situations that most people would call a health crisis to know that a higher being has absolutely nothing to do with the healing process for me. It's simply a matter of patience and letting myself be angry sometimes. Even if it's for long periods of time. I need to express the anger. The problem is that when I'm angry it sounds a lot more like I'm looking for pity. I've never craved pity from others. In fact, I greatly dislike it. It's a sick sense of pity that causes people to inconvenience themselves by staring at me rather than carefully walking around me while I'm on a stairwell. It's that same pity that makes most people weak when they do face their own healthcare woes. Sometimes when I'm angry, I think that most people would have given up their will to persevere with a small fraction of the health care procedures I've gone through in my life.
I guess that's something to be personally proud of. I just don't really like the fact that I occasionally have a whole medical team. I really just want to get on with getting whatever the problem might be with as little inconvenience as possible. Medical teams really suck at minimizing inconvenience. That's just a fact. Hah Hah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment